Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My First Time

A long time back in Rome,Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families. He outlawed marriage for young men. Saint Valentine, realizing the injustice defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

Every February, across the country, candy, flowers, and gifts are exchanged between loved ones, all in the name of Saint Valentine .14th February -Valentine's Day or rather Prem Divas as it should be called to suit the Indian culture (or is it to pacify the vagaries of Thackeray?) is celebrated to commemorate the anniversary of Valentine's death.

Half the guys having different ideas (mostly evil) end up celebrating Valentine’s Day without having a hint as to why it is celebrated. Girls usually have a high adrenaline flow on this particular day. They tend to get romantic right from the start of the day .They start dreaming about their loved ones running towards them in slow motion with hell loads of gifts and red roses. With all the evil ideas flowing through a guys mind and with the girls being dreamy, they end up doing things which cannot be mentioned.

On one such Valentine’s Day I had been anxiously awaiting the evening when I would set forth from home to meet somebody-that somebody with whom I was destined to spend this beautiful day's evening. I had butterflies in my stomach. I had firmly decided that today I was going to leave a part of me with that person. And then, dekhte dekhte the shaam came to an end-the butterflies which had been fluttering in my stomach went to sleep. The evening's activities had left a dull ache on my lips :-)) and some small stains on my shirt. Wondered what mom would have to say when she saw my shirt. How the hell was I going to take that red color off? But all that was put to rest the moment I reached home. Mom fussed about with an ice-pack and I put my provogue shirt into a soap bath. I realized that I had lived through the wisdom tooth extraction successfully. As promised, a part of me is now lying in my dentist's basket.

5 comments:

satyabetold said...

Hahahaha, Hilarious yaar ! Good word play and gotta love the irony in the post.

jayan said...

Congrats now you are officially indexed by Google..

M0H!TH said...

nice anti cl9max... gud tv ad it will be

Akhil said...

Sweet... he he... Looking forward to your 'second time'? :)

sailusha said...

"dull ache on my lips"!!
:|