Friday, August 8, 2008

The Over-Friendly Telugu Giant

I’ am probably the most laziest person in this world. I’ am sure no one out there would wake up at 6 in the evening rather then 6 in the morning. I’ am used to all the advice i get from my dad about "Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise". I say i'am too young to be bothered about my health. I seriously don’t know how u'll get wise be waking up early....Probably it's all about the daily morning talks on TV which i miss of some old man(Semi nude) proclaiming his teachings are good which i give a damn about.


About the wealth I do save a lot. Especially when you’re dating someone. U get out of home only after 6. And usually gals have a Deathtime of getin back home by 7-7:30. So you don’t have to spend a lot during that time. But incase she stay's back you are dead. So the wealth is anyways the same.
So basically i just continue sleeping.

Anyways that was useless....I was just trying to express my feelings out there. In case u guys want to sleep till 6. I'am just encouraging u out here.

Geting back to what i came to post in here.I thought i'll write about some light hearted stuff. This incident happened in one of my classes in which we had a special guest lecturer.

The lecture was going on during one such class. Tina, a sweet, bubbly, ash eyed was yapping away to glory about the latest affair between two of our class mates, in the row just ahead of me. After requesting her to hush up a couple of times, she would not or probably could not stop. She was one of our gang mates, so I pulled her pony tail down, till she was looking up to me, horizontally; bringing her face real close to mine. I whispered in her ears “please shut up”. She got the message, smiled and kept quite for rest of the class.

Jakaiah, a six and a half foot, volley ball college team captain, was also attending the lecture. Every one used to call him affectionately “kaka”. As he belonged to a Andhra village, he knew only telugu. Jakaiah(I’am still wondering why his parents named him that) was very found of being called kaka. Little did he know that it also meant “crow” in Malayalam.


Jakaiah must have noticed my pony tail pulling. He came and towered over me, and asked in telugu : “Neeku aa poori telusa?” (Do you know that girl?).

I said: “I met her in class here”.

Jakaiah: “Nuvvu aa poori tho dost yella ayyindi ?” (How did you make friends with her?)

Me: “I said 'hello' to her.”

Jakaiah: “Hello chepute dost aavtunda ?” (Does saying hello make a friend ?)

I said yes and that was the end of the conversation.

When i came in the next day, my friends came running upto me, requesting me to skip the class and make myself invisible.

They told me Jakaiah was furious and was looking out for me! I was jinxed, why would he be looking out for me?

A firm hand grabbed my shoulder, sending a sharp spike of pain down my back. It was Jakaiah. He said: “nuvvu aypoyindi ra ayya ” (You are dead). All the friends started to giggle; angered he chased them, calling me to watch out my steps.

I was later told what happened in my absence.

Before the next class started, just after talking to me he had said hello to Tina. She had politely replied back and had smiled back good natured-ly at him. Jakaiah presumed that he was friends with her and soon afterwards had tugged at her pony tail!

She had slapped him back.

Thus Jakaiah felt betrayed by me, taking that I had misguided him!

Whenever we met he always said: “nuvvu aypoyindi ra ayya !”

P.S:- If there are any jakaiah’s reading this I’ am really sorry. I totally understand how it feels to have such a name. After all my name also starts with J and ends with H.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm It does sound like you pandey!!Im proud o u way to go!!

ravi varma said...

i basically thou the jakaiah was UUU...:P

M0H!TH said...

dude... u forgot kaka is also the jersey ...tht u wear so.... hmmm may b... gud one ... i made me laugh ...

Roti said...

Jijeesh in his own element :-) When did you start blogging?I was kinda getting lonely in this part of the world.